Saturday, January 10, 2015

Vintage Valentine Heart Flower Tutorial + More‏


Happy Saturday everyone! I'm here with some fabulous goodies that you are going to "heart"! Brand new Collage Sheets, Heart Flowers, Unfinished Wood, and more!
You can check it out HERE.
In addition to the New Goodies, be sure to check out our HUGE general Valentine's Day Section filled with 100s of great goodies, and our Coffee Break Design Valentine Section filled with tons of unique products!


Art Time!


I love it when a good art plan comes together. I designed the new Heart Flowers with this vision in mind. And I absolutely "heart" the way they turned out! Not only that, you can make small, medium, and large flower hearts. The small is just 2" tall, and oh so cute cute cute!




I began by wrapping my spools. I did each one different! The music spool started with a layer of acrylic paint. Then just wrap and glue! I used vintage music sheet, a silver tinsel stem, and red twine.


My favorite is the Tinsel Stem spool. So easy since the stems are wired. The red or gold would look adorable too!


Next I worked on my stems. I started with a layer of white acrylic paint.


I tore up bits of music sheet and washi tape, and glued them on.


Once dry, I trimmed the excess with scissors, and filed any remaining bits with my file set. I LOVE my file set!


I added some paint and doodling to my stems, and then finished off the hearts with the Vintage Music Collage Sheet. I trimmed out my hearts and then lined them with glitter. Simply add a line of glue around the edges, sprinkle with glitter, and then tap off the excess. I added a little heart bling to each flower. There are SO many different directions you could go with these sweet flowers. They would make amazing little gifts! It may be only 7 degrees here, but I can still "grow" some flowers!!!





Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!


This super sweet Valentine's Day card is by Design Team Gerri Herbst! The little Vintage Valentine Cat is so adorable! Fantastic Gerri!
(She Also Used Our Circus Flag Cut Outs, Heart Cut Outs, and Stickles)





Inspiration By Diana Darden!


How cool is this edgy Steampunk Heart Ornament by Diana Darden! The combination of Steampunk and Valentine is a favorite of mine. Perfect Diana!
(She Also Used Our Inka Gold)





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!


I'm always a fan of art that is beautiful and functional. This trinket box by Design Team Member Amy Nieman is just that! And the Alice Collage Sheet was the perfect choice. So cool Amy!
(She Also Used Our Silver Reindeer Charm, Christmas Word Paper Cuts, Star Cut Outs, Washi Tapes, and Paper Mache Box)





Inspiration By Kimberly Heil!

These absolutely Bee-autiful Ornaments are by Kimberly Heil! The vibrant colors make me happy, and the pops of glitter are the icing on the cake. Stunning Kimberly!
(She Also Used Our Multi Color Copper Wire)


2015 Valentine Tutorials!


2 comments:

  1. Love these hearts! The shrine is gorgeous and the inspiration makes me want to get busy making art right now!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!