Saturday, January 18, 2014

Steampunk Birds, Nests, and More!


Happy Saturday everyone! We have some super fun new Birdy goodies in the shop! I love them all, but for some reason I'm quite smitten with the nests! And of course the Steampunk Birds! I hope you love them too.


 First I made this sweet little ATC and a neat thing happened. We've been looking at new houses off and on for a few months now. We're not in a hurry to move, but wouldn't mind upgrading a bit. Yesterday we looked at a house that has the most promise yet. While making my ATC I was thinking that the word "home" would be perfect for the theme. I opened my 1949 garden book and there it was right there, the first word I opened to, "home". Maybe it's a sign?



This guy was very fun and easy to make. And took very few supplies! I was curious if Gelatos would work well directly applied to white paint and it worked perfectly. I painted my bird base with white acrylic paint and then scribbled on my Gelatos. I didn't blend them since I loved the look. Then I simply painted the "frame" with black acrylic paint and added some Sharpie dots!



While we're on the top of Steampunk, I wanted to share this gorgeous piece with you using our Santos Doll Shrine Kit. She was created by Krystal Lynn and posted to our Facebook Fan page. Don't you just love all the metal bits? Thank you for sharing your talent with us Krystal!


Here is another stunning Steampunk piece created by Design Team Member Lynn Stevens using our Steampunk Heart Ornament. Of course this ornament would go nicely with the brand new Steampunk Bird Ornament! I love the combination of Steampunk and Valentine's Day!


And how adorable is this Dress Form Art Doll by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! I'm in love with her colorful dress and all those stripes. So fantastic!


You still have lots of time to join in the Sweet Heart Fairy Shrine Swap! Fairies are due February 24th!

This amazing diver fairy was created by Constance Taylor! Absolutely fabulous! Another swap you don't want to miss... xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Those birds are fabulous - and the creations you shared are wonderful too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the steampunk. The gears look great!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!