Saturday, April 18, 2015

New Exquisite Antiquity Shrine Kit + a Tutorial‏


Happy weekend everyone! We have several cool new goodies in the shop for you this week! I'm especially excited about the New Exquisite Antiquity Shrine Kit! I had a blast designing this kit for you, and I think it may be my favorite to date. The kit perfectly holds our Mini Santos Doll Kit as well as several of the RELICS & ARTIFACTS line by Sandra Evertson! It's a nice, large kit, which makes it extra fun!
You can check it out HERE.

Inspiration By Sandra Evertson!

 I hope you're enjoying the RELICS & ARTIFACTS line by Sandra Evertson as much as I am! I just can't get enough!




Art Time!

I had a blast playing with the new Exquisite Antiquity Shrine Kit and of course, more Relics! I love the larger size of this shrine, and the cool design! Since I went for more glitz and glam last week, I decided to do something a bit more primitive. Of course this kit would look great with tons of bling too!
 

Supplies Used Large Exquisite Antiquity Shrine Kit, Relics and Artifacts Flaming Hearts Ex Votos II, Black and Sepia Archival Ink, Matte Mod Podge, E6000, Red Stickles, Copper Beaded Chain, Brass Jump Rings, White Fancy Scalloped DresdenColor Dusters, White Sharpie Paint Marker

I absolutely love the way my Shrine turned out! It's even more striking in person.

I started by removing the eye screw from my Relic heart. Simply give them a few twists with some pliers, and you can unscrew them very easily! Initially I was going to glue my pieces to the back of the shrine, but then I had an idea! So I left the eye screw in the flame.

I gave everything a quick coat of acrylic paint using sponge brushes. I purposely let some of the Masonite show through on the shrine since I was going for an aged look.

I wanted stamping on my heart and flames, however they have amazing texture making stamping difficult, so I did the next best thing. I stamped on a piece of vintage sewing pattern tissue. White tissue paper would work just as well.

Coat the back of the tissue with Mod Podge, and GENTLY smooth over the heart. The tissue is very fragile, and can easily tear. Cut or tear the edges to remove the excess.

Coat the top with Mod Podge as well. This will make the tissue more transparent.

I did the same tissue technique to the flame, and then glued the two piece together with E6000. For fun, I added some Dresden around the seam and added some decorative dots to my shrine.

To give my Shrine more of an aged look, I brushed on some Sepia Ink around the edges using a Color Duster.

I decided to hang my heart from a bit of vintage chain. I simply drilled a small hole in the top of my shrine and added the chain, using a jump ring on the end to hold the chain in place!

Finally I attached my heart to the chain with another jump ring. I LOVE the look of the suspended heart, and it was super duper easy!

I can't wait to see what you guys make with new new Shrine Kit and of course the Relics & Artifacts. I know I'm having tons of fun! xoxo

If you prefer more bling, the tutorial from last week might be more up you alley!




Inspiration By Cat Kerr!

A stunning set of ATCs by Design Team Member Cat Kerr! The finishes are absolutely gorgeous Cat! 
Stop by Cat's blog for the full tutorial and supply list:
http://inthelightofthemoon.blogspot.com/2015/04/revamping-atc.html




Inspiration By Marie Garot!

We are completely over the moon about this fabulous shrine by Marie Garot! The details are fantastic! So magical Marie!
Moon Shrine Kit (with charm holes):
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_3817/Moon-Shrine-Kit.htm
She Also Used Our Brass Wings, Brass Crown, Brass Hands, Star Cut Outs






Inspiration By Amy Nieman!
 
A beautiful journal page by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! The house and the doll are just adorable Amy!
Hello Dollie Bodies Collage Sheet:
http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_673/Hello-Dollie-BODIES-Doll-Collage-Sheet.htm
She Also Used Our Gelatos




Inspiration By Luci Brito!
 
These two incredible pieces were created by the talented Luci Brito. Luci has an amazing eye for color and phenomenal patience when it comes to applying her jewels! Gorgeous!
Large Steampunk Gear Shadow Box Shrine Kit:
http://ow.ly/LJ1BU
Sandra Evertson's RELICS & ARTIFACTS: http://ow.ly/LCx39
VerDay Paint and Patina Set: http://ow.ly/LJ1Ep 

3 comments:

  1. Some really great inspiration! Definitely going to play around with the tissue paper on the Relics! Love the way the printing looks on them! Beautiful shrine - and all those OCD dots! LOL
    The silver shrine, the ATC's and the fab gear box shrine are all terrific, too - so many delicious ideas - can't wait for my order to arrive! LOL
    Thanks to the artists for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love what you did with the shrine kit and Sandra's heart: I love how it is suspended. Really beautiful moon from Marie Garot and lovely pieces from Luci.Brilliant work from Amy and Cat too! So much inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!