Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nutcracker Art Dolls, Gelatos, and More!


Happy Weekend Everyone! We have some wonderful new goodies in the shop including Nutcracker Art Dolls in three sizes, Gelatos, Twinkling H2Os, and more! I'm especially excited about the Nutcracker Dolls, inspired by my talented Friend Constance Taylor! Read more below. 



 Inspiration by Constance Taylor! Earlier this week, I caught sight of this stunning Nutcracker piece created by artist Constance Taylor! Constance is extremely talented as you can see from this gorgeous "Nutter" as she calls him (which I love and plan to use!). Seeing her piece got me thinking of a masonite version so I immediately went to work and created the new Nutcracker Doll Kits you can find in the shop! To see more of Constance's work, you can visit her Etsy Shop! And check back often to see when new work is added. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your talent Constance! 


 I couldn't wait to try my hand at my own Nutter! This kit is made from our thicker 1/4" masonite (same as the fairy kits) so you get a lot of depth and dimension. And you get the face Paper Cut too! I simply covered him with patterned paper and then started playing with our new Gelatos! Then I added a bit of stamping, ink, Twinkling H2Os, and white paint accents. These guys would make excellent gifts! Here are the supplies I used: Nutcracker Art Doll, It's Christmas Paper Pad, Christmas Words Paper Cuts White, Gelatos Set, Twinkling H20s, White Sharpie Paint Pen, E6000 


I really loved playing with Gelatos for the first time! Truth be told, I decided to stock them so I could treat myself to a set as an early Christmas Gift :). It was like playing with adult crayons only better! They glide on creamy direct from the container so there is zero mess. I found that I loved blending them with my finger and of course played with the included water brush too! On my Nutter above, I simply used patterned paper, Gelatos, and some stamping, and I loved the effect. I'm definitely hooked. I also found that they worked great with our Twinkling H2Os as well, since both are water based and a type of watercolor paints. And just look at all those colors! I highly recommend these. Great for collage, mixed media, journaling, and so much more. They are excellent with stencils too! 



 Inspiration by Linda O'Conner I just had to share this stunning piece by artist Linda O'Conner using our Large Dress Form Art Doll Kit! If I had more time, I definitely would have loved to try this crackle on my Nutcracker Doll Face. She used Crackle Accents over our Fairy Doll Head Paper Cut. You can see her full, stunning piece below! Gorgeous Linda! 

If you played in our Angel Ornament Swap your returns are on the way to you. A HUGE thanks to all of the contributing artists. All of the angels were AMAZING. You can see them all here on our Facebook Page

1 comment:

We appreciate your comments!