Saturday, December 21, 2013

Be Still My Steampunk Heart


Happy Weekend Everyone! We have some awesome new goodies in the shop including my favorite, Steampunk Hearts! We also have some new Valentine Stencils, Stand Up Cupids, Paper Pads, Washi Tapes, and lots more. Christmas is almost here, so shop now so you have some pretties to play with after it's over!


Of course the goodie I wanted to play with most was the Steampunk Heart Ornament (also my favorite product to design)! It was very easy and fun to make. First I used VerDay Paints on the front frame. I wanted a lighter color on the base so I used Collage Sheet CV56 (love for backgrounds). Using a 1" clear cabochon I attached an image from the Time Travelers Collage Sheet using Diamond Glaze. I attached my two heart pieces, added my cabochon to the frame, and then attached some watch parts here and there also using Diamond Glaze. I added some Twinkling H20s around the frame for shimmer, and finally attached some chain to the the "clock key" using jump rings. I love how the ornament has a built in hanger! The finished piece almost looks like a cool pocket watch too! Super easy and I loved the result. So many possibilities with this ornament.





Here is another awesome Steampunk Ornament by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! Isn't it stunning? I adore the colors she used and the way she utilized our Flourish Cut Outs and Gears. Just fabulous Amy!  
  

Last June our Inspiration Fairy Shrine Swap was so much fun. And several of you asked if we would do it again. So now we have these brand new heart-shaped sweeties that will be just as much fun if not more! Now is your chance to jump in!

I can't tell you how many people say "I wish I had joined this swap" once they start to see the samples on Facebook. After it's too late. Don't wait! Jump in NOW! They aren't due until February 24th, so no excuses :).


I made my heart backgrounds using the included Cardstock Paper Cut, Gelatos, Twinkling H20s, and a water brush! Simply randomly doodle with the Gelatos and then blend with the water brush. Stamp with a rubber stamp, add some Twinkling H20s, and done! I'm loving Gelatos and Twinkling H20s together. My new favorite pair!
 


The entire Christmas section is ON SALE! Grab these great deals while you can! HINT: Some of the goodies could EASILY be used for Valentine's Day or any day :). Find it all HERE.


Need a last minute gift for a creative friend? Or for yourself? Retro Café Art Gallery Gift Certificates are the perfect solution. You can find there HERE.

Shipping Schedule 
Orders placed Saturday and Sunday will ship Monday. Orders placed after the weekend will be packed on Thursday and will ship Thursday or Friday. Happy shopping and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
In case you missed it, don't forget to grab your Santa Circles Collage Sheet GIFT from us! xoxo

1 comment:

We appreciate your comments!