Friday, January 15, 2016

New Chunky ATC Kits + a Tutorial + More‏


Happy weekend everyone! I'm super duper excited about this weeks goodies! Last week when I was designing the Basic Shadowbox Kits, I started thinking about Chunky ATCs and how much fun they are to create. I've been itching to work on some regular ATCs for a while, but I do like to go more of the assemblage route with my art, so the Brand New Chucky ATC Kits were born!!! BEST OF ALL, you can get them with a keyhole nail hanger on the back so you can hang them on the wall. I'm telling you, they are addicting! They are perfect for gift giving, swapping, selling, keeping, and more!

We also have some fun new Cut Outs in the shop, as well as new Dresden. I do love Dresden for Valentine's Day. Lots of the Dresden has been restocked too, so if you've been waiting for something, check out the Dresden Section
 

Find the entire Valentine's Day Section HERE.
And our Coffee Break Design Valentine Section for tons of unique products HERE.


Art Time!


I had so much fun playing with the New Chunky ATC Kit and I can't wait to make a ton more! Since it's the season, I went with a Valentine's Day theme, however you can use these kits for any theme under the sun. The options are LIMITLESS!

(Oh, and I put all of the ATC Products ON SALE! Woohoo!)


I started by picking out one of my favorite ATC Size Collage Sheets. That was the toughest part, since we have so many! I cut out pieces for the front and back and then I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper for the sides. 


This is one of my favorite parts about the kits. If you cut a piece of 12" scrapbook paper in the correct width (.75" in this case), it will wrap perfectly around the sides. I started my seam on the bottom center. (2.5" + 2.5" + 3.5" + 3.5" = 12" = awesome!)


After I attached my papers, I sanded, inked, and painted the edges. I stenciled on some circles too.


I really like the way my brass heart turned out. I painted the center with acrylic paint, added a paper cut word, covered the whole thing with Diamond Glaze, and while still wet, sprinkled in some glitter!


On the back I attached my Ornate Lace Heart. They are gorgeous folks! And I finished attaching my other bits.


I had a blast with this project, and I've found my love for ATCs once again! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Happy Creating! xoxo 




Inspiration By Linda Cain!  

As a little treat, Design Team Member Linda Cain has put together a "Year in Review", highlighting some of her favorite Retro Café Art Gallery project tutorials! Her post links to each specific project she created. Grab a cup of your favorite hot beverage and enjoy! http://cain81art.blogspot.com/2016/01/2015-year-in-review-for-you.html




Inspiration By Amy Nieman!  

A wonderfully sweet mini journal page by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! We especially love how she used the butterfly button for a whimsical touch! Also note the faux rhinestone ribbon, adding awesome texture. So lovely Amy!
Santos Head Paper Cuts: http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_4985/24-Santos-Art-Doll-Head-Paper-Cuts.htm
She Also Used Our Silver Faux Rhinestone Ribbon, Wood Butterfly Buttons, and Gelatos




Inspiration By Tracy Delisle!

We adore this cool Frida Shrine by Tracy Delisle! The textures are amazing, and Frida looks beautiful adorned with the flowers! So stunning Tracy!
ATC Elevated Shrine Kit: http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_6087/Elevated-Shrine-Kit--Large-ATC.htm
She Also Used Our Frida Collage Sheet, Paper Flowers, and VerDay Paint Set




Inspiration By Cat Kerr!

Collect Beautiful Moments, by Design Team Member Cat Kerr. We love the way Cat combined our Basic Shrine Kits to create an amazing assemblage piece! The Sky's the limit! You can see more photos and purchase this piece in Cat's Etsy Shop too! (http://ow.ly/WXArB)
Basic ATC Shrine Kit: http://ow.ly/WXABu
Basic DOTD Shrine Kit: http://ow.ly/WXALu
Any of our new Basic Shrine Kits would work too! http://ow.ly/WXAYL
She Also Used Our Wood Butterfly Button, 3" Candlestick, Plastic Egg, Wood Spool, Glass Bottle, Gear Cut Out, Tiny Chipboard Numbers, and Figureheads




Free Collage Sheet Reminder!

In case you missed it, don't forget to grab your FREE Digital Collage Sheet! This sheet would work great with the new Chunky ATC Kits! Grab the sheet HERE.




More Valentine Inspiration!

This Mini Crown Shrine is definitely one of my favorites! And many of the techniques work perfectly with our new Basic Shadowbox Kits and Chunky ATCs! You can find the tutorial HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!