Friday, December 19, 2014

Vintage Pink Santa Tutorial

 


Art Time!


Last week I told you I was dying to make my Vintage Pink Santa, so that is exactly what I did! I'm so pleased with the way he turned out! He was really easy to make too!


I'm so in love with my Santa. I may leave him out year round! I started by painting my Masonite pieces pink. You can use any color you would like. Red, Cream, Blue, Aqua, Green, Gold, etc. etc. All acceptable Santa colors in my opinion!


I painted his hat the same color. The cardstock is nice and sturdy, so it worked great.


Of course my Santa had to have GLITTER! I decided to use Pink Art Sugar and it looked awesome! The Art Sugar is extremely easy to work with, and gives an amazing sparkle!


Working on a paper plate, I brushed on a thin layer of Matte Glue N Seal (this worked great), and then covered my pieces one by one with the Art Sugar. Tap off the excess, and then funnel the glitter back into the jar. Repeat for all of the bits you want glitter on. I did the front of Santa, the top of the base, and his hat.


Normally glitter is very hard to photograph, however this stuff is so sparkly, that you can definitely see it. It's even better in person though!


Next, I used my Glitter Snow to add my boots, cuffs, and coat trim. This worked perfectly, and added some nice dimension!


I wanted my trims to match my beard, so once the glitter snow was dry, I painted it with some cream acrylic paint. Yes, the Glitter Snow is paintable! Great discovery!



I finished him off with a little ric rac belt and snowflake buckle, a pink pom pom, and some bottle brush trees!
HO HO HO!





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!


How adorable is this altered candle tin lid ornament by Design Team Member Amy Nieman using our Reindeer Cut Outs!  Just precious Amy!
(She Also Used Our Glitter Jingle Bells, Silver Snowflake Charms, Green Bottle Brush Trees, and Christmas Word Paper Cuts)





Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!


Design Team Member Lynn Stevens created this stunning winter wonderland Crystal Clear Keepsake Case. How amazing are those icicles! Gorgeous Lynn!
(She Also Used Our Snowflake Cut-Outs, White Bottle Brush Trees, Christmas Word Paper Cuts, Glass Glitter, and White Mica Flakes)





Inspiration By Linda Cain!


These fanciful Angels were created by Design Team Member Linda Cain. I still can't get over Linda's skillful painting. Such talent Linda!
You can see the full supply list on Linda's blog, along with a few more photos!

I can't decide which one I like more! In addition to the awesome painting, I really love the "make-up" on the faces! Such a great detail!






Gift Certificates!


If you still need a gift for that crafty friend or relative, Retro Café Art Gallery Gift Certificates are the perfect solution. Sent directly via email.
 
Or you may want to give a hint hint to your loved ones!



I'm all set for Christmas, other than cooking Christmas Day! Our shipping schedule will be the usual, other than no shipping on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I'll be cooking, eating, and watching lots of movies with Chris and Zeus on those days! We did our traveling to visit family and friends on Thanksgiving, so we'll be around if you need us!



It's been years since I've bought egg nog, but after watching cousin Eddie on Christmas Vacation, I just had to have some. Cheers to you and yours!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support this year. I'm excited for 2015 and TONS of creativity ahead! Of course I'll still "see" you next Saturday. I'm sure the rest of 2014 will be great too.
xoxo Kristin


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy I found your blog!!!! I love all of these projects. Thank you so much for the step by step instructions on the pink Santa. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!