Monday, May 5, 2014

Tea Cup Fairy Art Dolls + a FREE GIFT


New Goodies!

Happy Saturday everyone! Last week we finished watching the last few episodes of Downton Abbey. JUST finished? I know, I know, but we had a late start on the series! This got me thinking about tea, lots of tea! Which led to "Lemon", "Sugar", and "Honey", three sweet Tea Cup Fairies! They are super sweet, and the perfect addition to our extensive Art Doll Kit section! There are other new tea related goodies in the shop too, and we are super excited to have several pieces from "The Sweet Life" collection by Everyday is a Holiday in the shop as well!



Art Time and Tea! 
 
I'm in love with our new Tea Cup Fairies and as much as I would have LOVED to play with all three, I settled for Lemon. Keep in mind, these gals can also be coffee fairies, hot cocoa fairies, etc. I'm drinking a Chai Latte as I type. What's in your cup?



I started my fairy by painting her entire body with black acrylic paint.


Using my stencil and white sharpie, I doodled in my design.


The white pen with the black paint really looked like writing on a chalkboard. Come to think of it, you COULD paint these gals with Chalkboard Paint. And then doodle on them with chalk!
I loved the look of the stenciling so much, that I kept on doodling. This was not AT ALL what I had planned for my gal, but I felt the need to continue doodling and who am I to argue. Sometimes the hand wants what the hand wants!


I finished her off with some paper cuts (Fairy Doll Head and Alice in Wonderland), a piece of Cutlery Cut Out painted silver, and some sweet words in the label frame. Collage Sheet DP65 was beyond perfect (MAGIC TEA!). I also filled the frame with Clear UTEE for that cool resin effect!


Inspiration By Heather Robinson!

I'm loving this Bird Cage Doll by Heather Robinson! Heather just starting making dolls, and as you can see, she is quite the natural!


Inspiration By Diana Darden!

This amazing Crown Shrine is by Diana Darden. Diana's piece has already sold (not surprisingly), however you can find more in Diana's Etsy Shop!


Inspiration By Diana Darden!

This amazing Crown Shrine is by Diana Darden. Diana's piece has already sold (not surprisingly), however you can find more in Diana's Etsy Shop!


Inspiration By Luci Brito!

This stunning piece of art is by Luci Brito. Luci used the Basic Mini DOTD Shrine Kit for the top of her box, combined with her magical handmade pieces. This amazing piece of art showed up randomly on my doorstep, and I was in awe. Luci is as generous as she is talented!!!



A FREE Digital Collage Sheet for YOU!

And now it's time to share the love with YOU! You can download this FREE NEW Digital Collage Sheet HERE on our site. Thank you for your continued support - from the bottom of my heart!

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  
      - Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!