Saturday, March 29, 2014

FREE Steampunk Bird PDF By Kelly Hoernig and More Steamy Fun!‏


New Goodies!

Happy Saturday everyone! We have some incredibly cool new Steampunk goodies in the shop as well as new Tim Holtz and Junkyard Findings from Prima! My favorites are our new Stand Up Steampunk Cameos! Excellent as stand alone art pieces, but also awesome attached to round Paper Mache boxes etc. All of the new Steampunk Cameos have strategically placed 1" openings so that you can fill their "thoughts" with the perfect image, ephemera, words, or assemblage bits! What will be in yours?



A FREE Bingo Bird PDF Tutorial By Kelly Hoernig

I have an extra special treat for you in celebration of our new Steampunk goodies. Artist Kelly Hoernig has put together this FABULOUS tutorial which you can open and print. It features our Chipboard Steampunk Bird! You can download Kelly's free PDF HERE. Thank you so much Kelly!

Also, many of the exact items used in Kelly's Tutorial as well as several related products can be found HERE. And several are on sale!


Having a blast with our Rolling Wheel Sets!

I'm totally in love with our new Rolling Wheel sets! They come in three sizes, two styles, and you can add them to just about anything. Even if your item isn't square, you can still add them. To prove it, I added them to the Female Bust I designed and arted up over a year ago. She has an oval base, however the wheels still went on beautifully since they can stick out a bit from your base.

You can read more about my Busts HERE on the post from last year. Still great information!

Bust Supplies: for my "Stamping" Bust I started with the Extra Large Female Bust. First I used Rustoleum Gold Metallic Spray Paint (this stuff is the bomb) on all of my pieces. Next I stamped a face, cut out of cardstock, and colored the cheeks with a pink colored pencil. To embellish I used the Steampunk Gears II and Mini Steampunk Gears II spray painted black, Large Gold Halo Dresden (love the way this turned out) and some vintage rhinestone bits, all attached with E6000. The heart is painted with acrylic paints, collaged, and doodled with a black Micron pen.



Just goes to show, you never really know when a piece is done! 



After cutting my axles to the correct size and sanding the ends, I assembled my wheels. I found this easier than attaching my axles and adding the wheels. By assembling the wheels first, you have more control of your gluing without your piece getting in the way. Allow the pieces to fully dry then attach!


After attaching my axles to the bottom of my piece, I painted the entire bottom. The additional paint layer makes them extra secure. To finish off my piece, I attached a Clock Key Cut Out and some Bead Chain (linked above).

I wanted to show you how nicely the wheels roll, so I shot the shortest video in history for you. Seriously, it's 8 seconds! But worth a thousand words :). I'm so sorry for the mess. But as you know, art happens!


 Inspiration By Sherry Matthews!

I just had to share these fabulous rings with you, created by the talented Sherry Matthews! Sherry used our Head Trinket Shrines, Mini Dice, and Small Watch Parts. These are the perfect pieces to get you in the Steampunk mood. I was saving them to share with the current release! Love them so much Sherry!


Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!

Design Team Member Gerri Herbst created these adorable Theatre ATCs using Collage Sheet CV6, Collage Sheet CV34, Word Paper Cuts, and our Heart Cut Outs! I especially love how she colored the Collage Word Paper Cuts. Since they are laser printed you can color them as you please to coordinate with your pieces. Awesome Gerri!


Inspiration By Amy Nieman!

This stunningly ARTful Santos Doll was created by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! Amy used our Medium Santos Doll Shrine Kit, Santos Doll Head Paper Cuts, and Gelatos. I especially adore the little "art rolls" that Amy made to tuck inside her skirt! The art rolls look like they were a blast to create. You can have a closer look below. Gorgeous Amy!




Inspiration By Linda Cain and a GIVEAWAY!

Design Team Member Linda Cain created this stunning Bird Cage Doll for you! Linda has several more amazing photos and step-outs on her blog. AND we are having a GIVEAWAY. THREE lucky winners will receive this awesome Bird Cage Doll Kit, Birds, and Wheels! To enter, you need to leave a comment on Linda's Blog HERE. Hurry, winners are picked on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh! So much eye candy ! All in one post! Yummilicious!! I love all of the art here- especially love your rolling Moon! Yes- those wheels are so cool! and the posts on learning more about your Busts! heehee well , that one is a hoot!
    Great products, artwork and super artists as usual Kristin!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!