Saturday, December 13, 2014

Primitive Angel Christmas Tree Gift Tutorial and More‏


New Goodies!
  
Happy Saturday Everyone! I'm SO in love with the new goodies this week. They were inspired by my Christmas fireplace mantel, which you can see below. I'm just dying to play with the new Vintage Santa!
In addition to the new goods, the general Christmas Section has over 600 fabulous goodies (all on sale) and our Coffee Break Design Christmas Section is sure to inspire.
  



Art Time!

I'm totally in love with the new Vintage Santa Stand-Up, and I have plans to make him PINK as I've always wanted a vintage pink Santa, however, priorities! I had some handmade gifts to make, so I came up with these sweet Tiny Primitive Angels in an equally adorable and functional magnet box. The receiver can stick the box to the fridge and either keep the Angel inside, or add a different treasure.


This was a really fun project. I enjoyed making the boxes just as much as the angels. Of course there are so many routes you can go with the boxes. The possibilities are endless!


To make my Angels, I attached paper to the bodies, and then doodled with my white and black pens. I added the Tiny Head Paper Cuts, and attached the wings and halos. I finished them by adding some Stickles to the wings/halos and attaching some vintage rhinestone trim. So sweet!


Next I stamped the front and back of my boxes.


I added magnets with E6000.


I wanted to personalize my gifts, so I used our "You Pick" Letters. I used the 1.5" size which was perfect. For a smaller letter the 1" would work well too.


I painted my letters with red acrylic paint, and then added dots with my white paint pen. They reminded me of the vintage red light-up marquee signs which are making a come back lately. I do love those signs!


I attached my painted letters to the front of my boxes.


I added a bit of paper shred to my boxes, and then tucked the Angels inside. Perfect fit!


While I was photographing, I came up with another idea.  You could turn these into ornaments too. Simply poke two holes in the top of the tree box, and string through some wire or a tinsel stem. Attach the angels to the bottom. They would make cute little tree ornament shrines! This was such a fun and festive project. I hope the receivers like them!






Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!
  
This brilliantly beautiful Laurel Wreath Ornament is by Design Team Member Gerri Herbst. I love the traditional, yet vintage look of this piece. Just stunning Gerri!
(Also Used Our Large Brass Christmas Tree (perfect!), Gold Stickles, Red Stickles, Cottage Path Alcohol Ink)





Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!


Design Team Member Lynn Stevens created this gorgeous, graceful Medium Primitive Angel. I adore silver and blue Christmas colors, and the Laurel Branch is such a great touch. Beautiful Lynn!
(Also Used Our Laurel Wreath Cut Outs, Silver Scalloped Dresden Trim, Silver Glass Glitter, Christmas Word Cut Outs, Santos Head Paper Cuts, Faux Silver Rhinestone Ribbon, and Collage Sheet CV58)





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!


These have to be the most fabulous clothespins I've ever seen! By Design Team Member Amy Nieman Using our Colorful Suns Collage Sheet and Collage Sheet DP191. These would make adorable and functional Christmas Gifts. Or use them on your creative gift packaging. Just brilliant Amy!





Inspiration By Karen Sullivan!


This fanciful Christmas Carousel is by Karen Sullivan. Not only is it gorgeous, it also spins! Karen attached a small lazy susan to the bottom. Can you hear the music? So amazing Karen!


Her lovely top!


She even decorated the area that gets covered by the top! Beautiful details!



Christmas Inspiration!


I had a bit of fun decorating for Christmas this year. As many of you know, we moved this year, so this is our first Christmas in our "new" home. I've never really decorated for Christmas before. Never even had a Christmas tree as an adult. But our double sided fireplace was begging for it, and once I got started, I didn't want to stop. My decorating even inspired this week's new goodies!


This is side one.


And side two. Similar, yet different.


I was playing around with the new goodies, and they fit in very nicely!


The new Reindeer Sticks have new homes!


Here are a few other decorating shots. Of course the tree has more ornaments, candy canes, and presents now. No doubt I'll add more next year. I figured I should pace myself (a bit). 




Merry Christmas! xoxo Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Everything is stunning and I LOVE your decorating!! If only my house was as clean as yours. . . LOL Happy Holidays to you & yours :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christi! It's only that clean because we moved recently :).

      Delete

We appreciate your comments!