Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sugary Sweet Marie Cupcake Dolls & Much More!

 
Happy Weekend Everyone! Keeping with last week's theme, we have some exciting new goodies in the shop! As soon as I designed our Dress Form Dolls last week, I knew what I was doing next! CUPCAKE DOLLS! Very Marie Antoinette "Let Them Eat Cupcakes"! A very 3-D version of one of my favorite Marie Collage Sheets from 2009! They are the perfect compliment to all of our Doll Kits! They are so sugary sweet, you'll want to eat them up!
 
 
 
Of course I jumped right in and played with one of the new gals! Here are the supplies I used: Small Cupcake Doll, Marie Doll Head Paper Cuts, Gold Doilie Rub Ons, Pink and Red Stickles, White Mica Flakes, White Sharpie Paint Marker.) Find even more fun goodies in our French Inspired Section.
  
My favorite part about the Doll Kit has to be the CHERRRY HAT! I giggled when I was designing it, and I'm even more giddy now! The Stickles really make it pop. And I'm also amused that the bare Masonite, made for the perfect cherry stem!
  
For the cupcake top, I first applied a
layer of hot pink paint, and then I covered the entire thing with Pink Stickles. While it was still wet I sprinkled on some Mica Flakes. LOVED the result. The photo below shows it better.
 
Oh, and I was also excited that the bit of vintage bling I used looked like an "S" for sugar :).
  
 

 
Design Team Member Linda Cain created this stunning Votive House Ornament! You can find more photos and step-outs on Linda's blog. I adore the way she used the Scalloped Dresden as shingles! Always thinking!

CHECK IT OUT HERE
 
 
Angel Ornament Swap Reminder!
 Angels are due December 2nd.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful. I have had it in the back of my mind to come up with a way to create a Christmas tree with ornaments made from photos of women in my family. This is perfect. You are so inspiring :)
    I am your newest fan and follower,
    Keep Smiling,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!