Monday, September 3, 2012

Tombstone Owl StencilingFun!






Next I did some stenciling on my base coat with the the Small Onomotoholes Stencil and my sponge brush.


For the stenciling I used the Copper paint. At this point I was satisfied with my base coat and decided it was complete. Of course you don't have to stencil. The patterns can be completely random, however as you will see later it made for great texture. 

After an hour, it was time for the top coat. Again I broke out some stencils, this time the Small Diamond, and Half Two Stencils.







I inked the edges using black and brown archival inks and then did some stenciling on a few of the lighter tombs using the small Diamonds Stencil, Falling Star Border Stencil, Bat Camp Stencil, and Web and Corners Stencil.


And here are my finished Tombstone ATCs! To embellish, I used our Owl Paper-Cuts, Glasses Cut-Outs (the hearts and stars are the extra pieces from the glasses), Moustache Cut-Outs, Witch Hat Cut-Outs, Gothic Fence Cut-Outs, Black Baroque German Dresden Border, Brown Baroque German Dresden Border, Mod Podge to attach everything, and a Sharpie Extra Fine Paint Marker.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the shout out! These owls look amazing! I cant wait for my new paint to arrive so I can play too! Great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products and love the outcome really stunning Kristine...I love, love your products and the ingenuity and talent that you share with us. Hugs Julz

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like so much fun to make. I think I am going to need these products. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have always loved TSS metal, but never have tried their paints. Cheryl is just a great artist and teacher.

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I need ONE MORE THING from RCA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!