Saturday, February 28, 2009

Junk Journals

Today, some of the IAA members met at Shaun Sheehan's house! She showed us how to make junk journals. The covers are cardboard. As you can see I used cardboard from Frappuccino packaging (which I had been saving forever - I just KNEW I would use them for something, someday!).


I used various papers and ephemera for my pages. Some members used paper bags, watercolor paper, etc. The possibilities are endless!


We covered the cardboard with packing tape to protect.


Here are my friends Chris and Mike Meador from Coffee Break Designs working hard!


And my friend Bianca's wonderful journal (and her hands!)


We had quite the spread. Thanks so much for hosting and teaching Shaun! It was a blast.

7 comments:

  1. VERY cool! I have some of those frappy cartons, too! OOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO jealous. Your journals are great. Looks like you guys had a blast. I made my journal on Friday just so I wouldn't feel everyone was "one up" on me! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journals look really great, Kris!Have a wonderful day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice documentation of what looks like a fun day - I wish that I remembered being there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun class! I keep saving different things to recycle somehow, I should make one of these. What do you plan to use your books for? Did you all do a bookbinding stitch on the spine or run it through a sewing machine? WOnderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Mike said... I wish I remembered being there too! How fun. Now I realize why I haven't thrown ANYTHING away:)
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!