Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
(you can click on the pictures to enlarge)
The picture in the above ATC is of my great aunt "Nina". She was always my favorite, and many people say I look like her. Also, a friend at work told me that the word "Caline" that appears at the top of the piece actually means "hug" - I learned that after the fact.
Above, at the bottom of the page, you see my grandfather and grandmother. I used their wedding pictures, and as part of the backgrounds, I used scanned images of their marriage license and my grandmother's birth certificate. The dates you see on the rusty bits are their birth years. Audrey's amazing piece also graces this page!
I really loved this project, and if you haven't tried Chunky ATCs, you're missing out. Be sure to get the magazine to read the full article. As Audrey points out, these are so fun to work with because you can nail and staple objects into the wood!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
The new Tim Holtz Fragments! Charm pack and oval/circle pack.
Muse TokensFaux Mosaic Kit (this is too fun!)
Find all the new goodies HERE!!!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I got this from Dawn's blog. You’re supposed to bold the things you’ve done. I had 54/100.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
So tell me what you've done? What else would you like to do? So many things left to do.....
I should have been packing orders, but this sounded like more fun :).
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
An eyelet setter, THREE leather punches, and 1200 unique eyelets (these are EZ set aluminum eyelets that set beautifully and don't split on the backs)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Kelly Burton created this lovely ATC. The colors and the layout are perfect!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I also wanted to share these very cool Rusty Tin Distressed House Ornament Blanks! The first batch sold out instantly, but I managed to get a few more. The supplier is discontinuing them and I bought up the last they had. Perfect for Christmas!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
2. I’m really paranoid about my car being hit by other car doors so I park REALLY far away at all stores/restaurants/etc. But it’s good exercise I suppose!
3. I can’t stand to wear regular clothes when I’m at home. Even if I’m only going to be home for a few hours, I put on pajamas. I’m only truly comfy at home when I’m in my pajamas.
4. I have this “rule” that when I bring something new into the house, I have to get rid of something else. For example, I added a shelving unit to one of my art rooms, so I got rid of a fake tree that I’ve had for almost 10 years. It’s my way of keeping down the clutter.
5. I can’t stand to touch silk – I feel like it sticks to my fingers and just thinking of touching it makes my lips curl!
6. I hate shopping unless it’s for art supplies.