Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Look to the Past...

Hey everyone! A few people have asked me lately when I started doing mixed media work, and if I've ever done anything else. So I thought I would answer here. I started doing mixed media/collage February of 2005, when I sold my first ACEO on EBay for 2.99 (I won't post that here..lol). When I first started doing art "for real" it was in H.S. and I LOVED black and white drawing. Here is one of my 9x12 pieces from 1998:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Around 2000, I started playing around more with painting:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And finally in 2005 I started doing mixed media and I don't think I'll ever look back!:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's so funny how much we evolve and change! I'd love to know what YOU did before mixed media?????

xoxox,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. Wow......Kris, all of these pieces are stunning. You are so talented and gifted....love all of them. I started out rubberstamping and then went to mixed-media but it's obvious I still love stamping and it is my first love :o) Way back in high school I took art classes and actually did well but didn't like it at all or have any interest. I would just do the assignment and be done with it. And that's about it.....not too exciting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool-Thanks! and Thanks for sharing. Next time I'm in Indy I want to visit your gallery space. How far from the Circle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kris...What a hauntingly gorgeous piece!!! Love the composition and the rich colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halo!!

    thanx for sharing! you are ohhh so talented...I love your black & white drawings, you know those types of things are selling quite well on ebay these days, have you thought of selling your original drawings on aceo's?!

    xo!! ~Bella

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!